I like my version better: “Mix some whiskey with your pineapple, Wear the crown (because why not), and savor the sweet flavor. Then make another round.”
Ilise created this yummy cocktail – which tastes sort of like a piña colada but sans coconut – with a friend in mind who is allergic to rum. (Sad!) This drink features smoked whiskey – Stolen makes a good one – in place of the rum and adds a few other goodies.
Recipe source: Ilise Goldberg
Makes one drink
- 1 ½ ounces Stolen Whiskey
- ½ ounce Cointreau
- ¼ ounce Tuaca liqueur, a brandy liqueur with vanilla spice flavor (optional)
- 2 ½ ounces Pineapple Juice
- 1 ½ ounces Cranberry Juice
- ¼ ounce Lime Juice
- Pineapple wedge for garnish
- Combine all liquid ingredients in a shaker filled with ice. Shake very well – the mixture will become frothy with foam.
- Put several fresh ice cubes in a rocks glass and pour the strained mixture into the glass.
- Garnish with a pineapple wedge on the rim of the glass and serve with a straw if desired.