Me and the Spinal Tap guys invite you to dial the flavor up to 11 with this zesty baked white fish.
Big bold flavors dominate this dish. The pesto is popping with fresh basil, zesty garlic, pine nuts, and salty parmesan cheese. Chopped tomatoes add a grace note on top, both in color and juicy flavor.
The corvina’s mild, sweet taste and firm, large flaked flesh provides a nice foundation for it all.
The Occasion: Pre-theater dinner at home. No one wanted to leave the table despite an impending curtain time.
- Baked Corvina with Pesto and Tomatoes - recipe from Reckless Abandon
- Couscous with Basil
- Roasted Cauliflower with Lemon and Herbs
The Verdict: Wow, this recipe delivers a real flavor-bomb! A tasty, tasty flavor-bomb. If you don’t like pesto or garlic, skip this recipe. But if you do, this easy treatment for fish (or chicken) is about to become a new regular in your recipe rotation.
Click on the photos to enlarge them and read the captions.
Recipe source: Reckless Abandon
- 1-2 lbs fresh Corvina Sea Bass, cut into fillets
- 1/4 cup Pesto - homemade (recipe below) or store bought
- 1/4 cup chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Cut the sea bass fillet(s) into 4-5 ounce portions and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spoon 1-2 tablespoons of pesto on each fish portion. Spread the pesto evenly over the fish.
- Bake the fish for about 15 minutes (10 minutes per 1 inch thickness) at 400 degrees or until the fish flakes and is cooked through.
- While the fish is baking, chop the tomatoes, drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Give it a good stir and set it aside.
- When the fish is done, garnish with tomatoes and serve immediately.
Homemade Basil Pesto
- 2 handfuls (about 2 cups packed) fresh basil leaves
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup whole pine nuts
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until pesto is fully blended. Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed.