Or if you prefer – Salud, Prost, Sláinte, and Cin cin!
Salute, Na Zdrowie, and Skäl!
However you say it, the meaning is clear – raise a toast with a heartfelt wish for Good Health and Happiness to all in the new year.
If you're looking for something special with which to ring in the New Year, this delightful drinkie might just hit the spot.
Ilise created a specialty cocktail for our annual holiday open house, held a few weeks ago – the Pomegranate Especial. Can you guess what makes it especial?
Best Wishes to You for a New Year that is most especial!
Recipe adapted from one by The Drink Blog via BravoTV.com
The recipe can be scaled up or down for one or two cocktails, two, a pitcher, or a punch bowl.
- 1 part pomegranate juice
- 1 part orange juice
- 1 part blanco tequila
- ½ part Amontillado aged sherry
- ½ part Harveys Bristol Cream
- ½ part orange liqueur
- ½ part cinnamon syrup – Recipe below*
- ¼ part lemon juice
- Pomegranate seeds
- Orange slices
- Cinnamon sticks
- Mix all liquids together and stir. Pour into a punch bowl or vessel of choice (no ice; save that for the glasses).
- Serve in individual glasses filled with ice, and garnish with pomegranate seeds, orange slices and a cinnamon stick.
*To make cinnamon syrup, mix equal parts water and sugar with a couple of cinnamon sticks. Heat until all sugar is dissolved and the mixture starts to simmer. Turn off heat and let cinnamon steep for about another 15 minutes before removing and discarding the sticks. The cinnamon syrup will keep, refrigerated, for 1-2 weeks.