Hold on to your (gl)ass everyone, in this post we’re attempting to bring together a whole bunch of divergent interests. Let’s see how cohesive I can make it, shall we? Let’s begin.
First: Pretty collectibles. Peep that photo again. This group of decorative antique art glass objects in the Bohemian/Czech style which features rich glass colors, loads of gold gilding, and hand painted floral scenes with the signature thick brush strokes shows different applications of this distinctive design style. (Please take a closer look at these items at Entertaining Vintage.)
Next up: Tunes. This choice is super-predictable (sorry not sorry) but it’s got to be Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen. If you think about it, the song and the art glass share a few things in common: bold, beautiful, ornate and operatic, audacious, loving the luxe, and ultimately quite special. Please enjoy the song and sing along!
- Czech Bear Paws or medvedi tlapicky – cocoa-spice cookies dipped in melted chocolate with almond slivers for ‘claws’
- Vanilla Crescents or vanilkove rohlicky – the tasty quarter-moon cookies are sprinkled with confectioners’ sugar to emulate new-fallen snow
- Czech Jam Thumbprints or dulkove kolacky – similar to jam-filled cookies the world over but with a special Eastern European flair
- Eastern European food
- Freddie Mercury and Queen’s tour de force Bohemian Rhapsody
- Bohemian/Czech art glass and collectibles
- The specific blue and amber glass treasures displayed in the lead photo