Now you’re ready and able to prepare a batch of cranberry simple syrup and mix up a round of super-tasty cocktails for your guests and yourself. Be prepared for the double-wallop of ginger liqueur and ginger beer. Yowza – and I mean that in the best possible way!
If you do not have fresh/frozen cranberries on hand, no worries, you can still make this drink using bottled sweetened cranberry juice as the mixer. You may need to adjust the proportions.
Click on the photos to enlarge them and read the captions.
Recipe source: Ilise Goldberg
- 1 ½ ounces Bourbon
- 1 ½ ounces Cranberry Simple Syrup
- ½ ounce Ginger Liqueur such as Domaine de Canton
- ½ ounce lime juice
- 2-3 ounces Ginger Beer (alcoholic or non- your choice)
- Candied Ginger (for garnish)
- In a cocktail shaker combine all ingredients except ginger beer. Shake well. Strain into a high ball glass over fresh ice cubes.
- Pour 2-3 ounces of ginger beer on top and mix gently with a spoon. Garnish with candied ginger.
- For a different taste treat try the above drink with gin instead of bourbon.
Cranberry Simple Syrup:
- 1 pound cranberries
- 2 Cups of Water
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- Combine the water and sugar in a pan over high heat until the sugar dissolves. Add the cranberries and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Once the fruit is nice and tender use a potato masher and mash the fruit to release as much juice as possible.
- Remove the mixture from heat and allow it to cool for about 10 minutes and then strain the syrup into a container.
- Store it for up to two weeks in the refrigerator or if making far in advance the simple syrup freezes well in ice cube trays.