Why This? Although it’s a strong drink, with brown liquor no less, it’s got nice warm citrus elements to it making this a bit more complex and interesting (to me) than two fingers of scotch in a glass.
The Verdict: Sucky days will happen from time to time, and for sure, solving problems with alcohol is no kind of long term fix. But for me at least, it helps to visualize a lovely glass of Northside Rye in my future as I work to keep a smile on my face and can-do on my lips until the work day ends. This is a really good cocktail. Tomorrow will be better. Click on the photos to enlarge them and read the captions.
Recipe developed by Ilise Goldberg
Makes one cocktail
- 2 ounces Rye
- 1 ounce B&B (Benedictine & Brandy) Liqueur
- ½ ounce Grand Marnier
- Slice of orange and a cherry for garnish
- Pour all liquid ingredients into a shaker and shake to mix.
- Pour the cocktail into a rocks glass over one large ice cube.
- Garnish with a wedge of orange and a cherry.