The Recipe: Our house Bar Chef Ilise has outdone herself with this satisfying cocktail. It’s fruity but not overly so. Two kinds of whiskey plus a few dashes of bitters ensures a nicely balanced adult beverage. Click on the photos to enlarge them and read the captions.
Recipe by Ilise Goldberg
Makes one drink
- 1 ½ ounces Apple Bourbon (such as Leopold Bros New York Apple Whiskey)
- ½ ounce Stolen Whiskey or other smoky whiskey
- 1 ½ ounces Apple Cider
- 3/4 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2-3 dashes bitters
- Cinnamon sticks (for garnish)
- Apple Slices (for garnish)
- In a cocktail shaker combine all ingredients (except garnish) and stir with ice to chill.
- Strain into an old-fashioned glass over a large ice cube or a couple of smaller cubes.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick and slice of apple.