- Arctic Char with Soy-Sesame Glaze – recipe from Hooked on Fish, originally from Martha Stewart
- Fingerling Potatoes with Butter and Chives – boil the potatoes ahead of time, then sauté with butter and fresh chives
- Asparagus-Pea Medley, blanched separately, then combined
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 lb Arctic char (cut to fit in your pan)
- Coarse salt and black pepper to taste
- Green onions cut on the bias, white and light green parts, as garnish
- In a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, honey, and sesame oil.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper and brush with half of the sauce.
- Heat a cast-iron (or non-stick) skillet over high heat. Sear the fish skin side up for 4 minutes (be careful not to let the honey in the sauce burn).
- Pour the remaining sauce over the fish and swirl the sauce around the pan.
- Carefully turn the fish, spoon the sauce over the top, and cook for 3 more minutes, until the fish is just cooked through.
Serves 2 to 3.