The Occasion: Bourbon-Glazed Salmon with Firecracker Slaw is a perfect dish for weeknight suppers or weekend dinner parties. Dressed up or down, this is an easy and flavorful meal that’s sure to please.
What Makes it Special: Any recipe that includes the word Bourbon is going to catch my attention. It’s not my favorite spirit to drink, but for cooking? Mwah, perfection!
The Playlist: This dish is so good you’ll hope for leftovers. So let’s play a track from the latest album by band Leftover Salmon. Dig in.
Click on the photos to enlarge them and read the captions.
|Print The Recipe- Bourbon Glazed Salmon with Firecracker Slaw|
|File Size:||235 kb|
Recipe source: Robin Bashinsky for Cooking Light
- 3 cups very thinly sliced cabbage
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions, divided
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise
- 1 Fresno chile, seeded and sliced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1 tablespoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- 4 (6-oz.) skin-on salmon fillets (such as wild Alaskan)
- Preheat a charcoal grill to medium-high (400°F to 450°F). (If you need to use another kind of grill, that’s fine.
- Make the Slaw: Place cabbage, 1/4 cup scallions, carrot, mayonnaise, chile, vinegar, sugar, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Stir well to combine. Chill until ready to serve.
- Make the Fish Marinade: Whisk together brown sugar, bourbon, soy sauce, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Pour into a shallow dish. Place salmon, flesh side down, in sauce.
- Chill 15 minutes.
- Grill the Fish: Remove salmon from dish. Place marinade in a saucepan; boil 2 minutes.
- Place salmon, skin side down, on oiled grates; grill, covered, to desired degree of doneness, 10 to 12 minutes for medium, brushing occasionally with reserved marinade.
- Place on a platter; top with remaining 1/4 cup scallions and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Serve with slaw.