This is quick enough to pull together after work for a weeknight dinner and tasty enough to inspire requests for a repeat appearance.
Click on the photos to enlarge them and read the captions.
|Printable Recipe- Pan Fried Rainbow Trout with Pineapple Salsa|
|File Size:||570 kb|
Recipe source: Sweet and Savoury Pursuits, inspired by Two Peas and Their Pod
For the Pineapple Salsa:
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/8 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeño pepper, seeded
- 1 clove small garlic minced
- Juice of 1 small lime
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
For the Trout:
- 4 portions of rainbow trout or salmon fillets
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the salsa ingredients. Season with salt and stir well. Cover the salsa and let sit at room temperature or chill in the refrigerator until serving.
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season fish with salt and pepper. Add the fish fillets to the fry pan, skin side down.
- Fry for 2 to 3 minutes, then carefully flip over and fry for another 2 minutes. For thicker fillets fry for 1 minute longer or until fish is cooked.
- Transfer the trout to plates and serve with pineapple salsa.