- Pan-Seared Tilefish with Wild Mushrooms & Asparagus – recipe from Scrumpdillyicious via Hooked on Fish
- Quinoa-Brown Rice Blend
Click on the pictures below to enlarge them and read the captions.
Recipe from Scrumpdillyicious via Hooked on Fish
- 2 (6 oz.) fresh tilefish fillets, scaled with skin on
- 4 small new potatoes, boiled and cut in half – Cook’s note: I used Yukon Gold potatoes cut into quarters
- ½ lb. asparagus, trimmed and sliced diagonally into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 2 small yellow onions, peeled and julienned
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in one tablespoon of butter, reduce the heat to low and cook until the mushrooms are lightly browned and the pan is dry, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, transfer to a medium saucepan and set on low heat to keep warm.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the skillet. Add the onions and cook over medium-low heat, stirring a few times until lightly browned for about 8 minutes. Season lightly with salt and pepper then add to the mushrooms.
- In the same skillet, quickly sauté the asparagus spears in 1 tablespoon of butter over high heat for two minutes. Then add to the mushrooms.
- Next add the cooked potatoes and the chicken stock to the pan with the vegetables. Simmer for 3-5 minutes, or until the vegetables are warmed through, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Season the tilefish fillets with salt and pepper and sear, skin side down, until the skin is browned and crisp, about 3 minutes. Turn the fillets over, and cook another minute until the fish is just cooked through. Cook’s note: Cooking time may vary a lot depending on thickness of the fillets. My total time was at least double what’s indicated here. So just stay alert.
- Add half of the chopped chives to the vegetables and stir to combine.
- To serve, divide the vegetable mixture among 2 pre-warmed plates and set a tilefish fillet on top. Garnish with the remaining chives and serve at once.