For example, March is National Celery Month, also flour, peanuts, frozen food and noodles. That’s a lot for one little month to carry!
I’ve compiled a random set of recipes that feature those items – separately, not together, that would be a righteous hot mess!
Well, not entirely random, each looks mighty tasty and cook-worthy to me. Perhaps to you too? If you try any of them, please report back in the Comments.
- Egg-Topped Soba Noodles with Asparagus and Prosciutto – from Epicurious
- Chicken Noodle Soup – from Tyler Florence via Food Network
- Noodle Kugel – from Food52
- Celery Salad with Dates, Almonds and Parmesan – from Bon Appetit
- Braised Celery – from A Girl Defloured
- Mini Chicken and Peanut Kebabs – from the National Peanut Board
- Caramel Peanut-Topped Brownie Cake – from Dorie Greenspan via Annie’s Eats
I’m going to let that last one count for the flour entry as well.
And as for the frozen food? I’m a big fan of frozen veggies for soups or stews, frozen fruits work even better than fresh in certain types of recipes, and frozen puff pastry is an amazingly versatile ingredient to have on hand.
Thank you, March, for “sponsoring” so many great things! I can’t wait to see what April brings.