What Makes it Special? This perfect winter salad does not rely on leafy greens. Yes, there’s arugula in there but not a lot and it could be omitted if none is available.
The Verdict: Yes, yes, yes! That’s the verdict. Make this salad. You’re welcome!
|Print The Recipe- Apple Fennel Salad with Pistachios and Apricots|
|File Size:||586 kb|
Recipe source: Joy the Baker
- 1 large Fuji or Golden Delicious apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 large fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 2 large handfuls arugula, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely diced dried apricots
- 1/2 cup shelled and coarsely chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Note: If you like to prep your ingredients ahead of time, as I do, squeeze some fresh lemon juice over the apple and fennel slices so they won’t turn brown before the salad is assembled. This should hold for 1-2 hours.
- In a large bowl toss together the thinly sliced apples, fennel, arugula, and red onions.
- Drizzle with lemon juice, vinegar, and olive oil.
- Add the dried apricot pieces, pistachios and cheese. Toss to incorporate.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss just before serving.
- Serve soon after assembling.