The Verdict: There have been other oatmeal cookies I’ve enjoyed more (including a couple varieties from the legendary Cookie Suitcase). Then again I’m not one to look a gift cookie in the mouth either. It’s perfect for lunchboxes and brown bags – not necessarily pretty nor fancy, but a tasty treat nevertheless guaranteed to spark a smile.
|Printable Recipe- Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies|
|File Size:||552 kb|
Recipe source: Life Love and Sugar
- 3/4 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together butter, brown sugar, sugar, egg, vanilla extract and mashed bananas until well combined.
- Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda, cloves and cornstarch and mix until combined.
- Stir in oats
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Spoon tablespoons of dough onto a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Flatten dough a little bit, into thick discs. They will spread a little when baked.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges just start to golden.
- Remove from oven and cool on cookie sheet for 3-4 minutes, then move to cooling rack to finish cooling.
Yield: 34-36 cookies