The Recipe: These tasty cookies come from Southern Living – always a great resource for many delicious recipes, whether it’s for sweets, main courses, or appetizers. Check ‘em out!
What Makes This Special: I’m a major fan of lemon and citrus flavors. The tart, zingy flavor mixes with all that sugar to create a wonderful balance which will make your taste buds sing!
Recipe source: Southern Living via MyRecipes.com
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- Parchment paper
- Beat butter at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy.
- Add 1/2 cup powdered sugar; beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Stir in zest and juice.
- Whisk together flour and next 2 ingredients.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended.
- Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Drop dough by level spoonfuls 2 inches apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets, using a 1-inch cookie scoop. Or use your hands to form small balls of dough.
- Bake at 350° for 13 minutes or until lightly browned around edges.
- Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes.
- Once the cookies are completely cooled, toss them into a small bowl containing 1 cup powdered sugar. When the cookie is covered in sugar, remove it to the cooling rack or serving platter.