The Recipe: There are many recipes out there for similar pecan bars. I'm a big fan of pecan pie and am sure they’re all delicious. It’s hard to mess up pecan pie. This particular recipe comes from Land o’ Lakes, the butter people, and yes, there’s a good amount of butter involved.
Serve With: Glass of milk, cup of coffee, or maybe a small glass of port.
Click on the photos to enlarge them and read the captions.
Recipe source: Land o’ Lakes
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups dark corn syrup
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine 1 3/4 cups flour, butter and sugar in bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in 1/3 cup pecans.
- Press crust mixture evenly onto bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Bake 18-22 minutes or until edges are very light golden brown.
- Combine brown sugar, 6 tablespoons flour, and salt in large bowl; whisk until mixed.
- Add corn syrup, eggs, and vanilla; mix well.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans.
- Spread evenly over hot, partially baked crust.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until filling is set and knife inserted 1-inch from edge comes out clean.
- Cool completely. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Cut into bars.