Unless there’s a brisk nip in the air, a wisp of wood smoke and the crisp clear sunshine that goes with apple-picking, pumpkin patches, and leaf-raking weekends, I just won’t be in the mood to cook the hearty dishes that evoke autumn warmth and coziness.
That plus the fact that I have no working kitchen for another 2-3 weeks, until the renovation is complete.
But a girl can dream and plan ahead, can’t she? I’m preparing my Must Make list of recipes from my favorite cooking websites. Here are a few that look scrumptious to me.
Please share your own best seasonal recipes/links in the comments.
- Roasted Vegetable Soup with Herb Dumplings – from The Kitchn
- Not Too Virtuous Salad with Caramelized Apple Vinaigrette – from wonderash at Food52 – This one I’ve made before and it is frickin’ awesome! Do not pass Go, make this salad.
- Butternut Squash and Caramelized Onion Galette – from Smitten Kitchen
- Apple Cranberry Stuffed Pork Roast – from Simply Recipes – Not necessarily fast or easy, but looks like an amazing dinner party main course
- Cider-Braised Chicken with Apples, Bacon and Sage – from Serious Eats
- Vegan Shepherd Pie – from Jamie Oliver
- Double Crust Chicken Pot Pie – from Joy the Baker
- Brûléed Bourbon-Maple Pumpkin Pie – from Bon Appetit – Maybe pumpkin pie isn’t just for Thanksgiving anymore?! This looks awesome.