The Recipe: Food and Wine magazine consistently puts out great recipes (includingthis one), thoughtful stories, and impressive photos. If they are not already in your recipe-seeking rotation, they should be. Check ‘em out.
|Print The Recipe- Sheet Pan Chicken with Sourdough and Bacon|
|File Size:||586 kb|
Recipe source: Food and Wine
- 1/2 pound sourdough boule, cut or torn into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound slab bacon, cut into 1-by- 1/2-inch lardons
- 1 large baking potato—scrubbed, halved crosswise and cut into 3/4-inch wedges
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, diced
- 4 oregano sprigs
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 6 whole chicken legs
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the bread, bacon, potato, onion, butter, oregano and crushed red pepper with the olive oil and season generously with salt and black pepper. Spread in an even layer.
- Season the chicken with salt and black pepper and arrange on the bread mixture.
- Roast the chicken and bread mixture for about 45 minutes in total, turning the chicken and stirring the veggies and bread twice during that time frame.
- The meal will be done when the bread is crisp and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the chicken registers 160°. Serve.